Sometimes we need choices. And sometimes we just need a late-night chocolate fix. This may mean we'd rather use our Baking Mix rather than pull out the blender during a commercial break (y'all know by now I'm big on using whole foods with the blender for my scratch baking). Well, if you're fresh outa our Brownie Mix I've got you covered with this easy scratch recipe!
1/2 cup cocoa powder
2 tablespoons coconut flour OR 3/4 cup nut flour
1 teaspoon psyllium husk powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup pumpkin puree OR nut/seed butter
1/2 cup of your favorite syrup sweetener (I use VitaFiber IMO)
1/2 cup melted butter or oil
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon pure monk fruit or stevia extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350° and coat an 8x8x2-inch pan with oil or butter.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
3. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
4. Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until it becomes a smooth batter.
5. Use a rubber spatula to stir it for about 30 seconds.
6. Stir in chocolate chips or walnuts, if desired.
7. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
8. Bake for 20-23 minutes; be careful to not over-bake!