Lemon Pound Cake
Truth be told, y'all know I can be a lazy gal, so I often toss all the wet ingredients into my blender! I have a lemon tree that produces the most delicious, thin-skinned Meyer lemons so this works for me! However, these directions are for a mixing bowl and the average lemons and this works great as well. This cake doesn't rise much, so if you have a large loaf pan and hungry mouths to feed, go ahead and double the recipe, you won't be sorry, just bake a little longer!
2/3 cup Original Blend Multi-Purpose Bread Mix
2/3 cup Coconut Flour
4 large Eggs
1 cup syrup sweetener such as VitaFiber
1 ½ t pure Monk Fruit or Stevia drops
Juice from 2 Lemons
Zest from 1 Lemon
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
½ teaspoon Almond Extract
Pinch of Tumeric (optional, for color)
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend together the Dry Ingredients and set aside.
3. In a tall bowl use your hand-held mixer to blend together the Wet Ingredients.
4. Add the Dry Ingredients to the Wet and blend about 1 minute, batter will be thick.
5. Pour batter into a liberally buttered loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Reduce temperature to 325 and continue to bake an additional 25 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
¼ cup Swerve confectioner’s
2 tablespoons VitaFiber syrup
2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
Zest of ½ a Lemon
Pure Monk Fruit drops to taste
1. Combine all and drizzle over cooled cake.