Baking Mix Cake Donuts
Our Baking Mix Recipe Page has a recipe for fried donuts also, but this one is really yummy for those of you who want to skip the frying part, just make sure you have a donut pan to bake in!
Makes 6 Donuts
1 cup Original Blend Multi-Purpose Bread Mix
3 tablespoons coconut flour or 3/4 cup almond flour
3 large eggs
2/3 cup sour cream'or whole coconut milk
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2/3 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
2/3 teaspoon pure monk fruit or stevia drops
1. In a small bowl, mix together the and dry ingredients
2. In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the wet ingredients
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine well. Batter will be thick.
4. Divide batter between a greased donut pan. NOTE: I like to use a large ice-cream scoop and use my finger to make a hole in the center. A pastry bag also works.
5. Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes.
FOR THE FROSTING
Combine thawed and drained black cherries with your favorite powdered sweetener in a small food processor.