Chocolate Nut Pie Clusters
Here at my household, we have no idea if these are a cookie, a mini pie. a 'cluster', or even a cupcake since they're baked in a mini muffin tin. As you can see, I finally settled on the cluster. These little babies will work for any of the upcoming holidays and are so quick and simple to throw together they may just become a favorite in your house as well!
I used walnuts and pecans, but you could use whichever nut(s) your little heart desires. Even add a splash of bourbon for some extra holiday (or Kentucky) flair, either way these little morsels will disappear quickly, so make plenty!
Butter to coat the pan
1/2 cup chopped Walnuts
1/2 cup chopped Pecans
1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
1 large Egg
6 tablespoons VitaFiber or Maple Syrup
2-4 drops of Pure Monk Fruit or Stevia (optional, for sweeter tastes)
1 teaspoon vanilla (omit if using Maple Syrup)
Course Sea Salt to taste
1. Set the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
2. Liberally coat a mini muffin tin with butter.
3. Divide the nuts and chocolate chips between the cups.
4. Whisk together the sweeteners and egg and spoon evenly over the cups.
5. Sprinkle with sea salt.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Cool in pans then loosen gently with a butter knife and remove to serving plate.