Easy Blender Sweet Potato Pie
Soooo, if you'd like to avoid cracks on the top of this delicious pie, do as I say and not as I did! Just follow my instructions below and stop baking it while the center is still slightly jiggly! Even though this one baked a bit too long, it still tasted amazing. Using just nutmeg and honey really makes this a stand out from traditional pumpkin pie. I love the flavor of this pie and hope you will too.
SWEET POTATO PIE
1 (9-inch) par-baked pie crust
16oz peeled, chopped, raw sweet potato/yam (about 3 medium)
1 cup heavy cream, coconut milk or ¾ cup nut milk plus ¼ cup melted butter or coconut oil
3 large eggs
1/3 cup honey
1 ½ teaspoons nutmeg
½ teaspoon pure monk fruit or stevia
½ teaspoon sea salt
1. Set the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Add everything to your blender and blend on high for about a minute until very smooth.
3. Brush the inside of the pie crust with a beaten egg.
4. Pour the contents of the blender into the crust and bake for ten minutes.
5. Turn the oven temperature down to 350 degrees and continue to bake until almost set in the center but still jiggles slightly, about 50 more minutes.
6. Turn off the oven, crack the door and let the pie set for about an hour.
For the Crust
1 1/4 cup pecan pieces
2 tablespoons of any REAL BREAD Baking Mix or coconut/almond flour
2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
1. Brush a pie pan with coconut oil.
2. Whirl the pecans and shredded coconut in a small food processor until finely ground.
3. Pulse in the rest of the ingredients.
4. Press this mixture into the bottom of your pie pan and up the sides.
5. Place in a cold oven, set the temperature for 325° and bake 10-15 minutes.
*We encourage the use of organic ingredients from sustainable sources and animal products that have been humanely, pasture-raised and grass-fed. Find the brands we use most here.